Investment Administration Service (IAS)
With IAS, you will actively control your investments and decision making, while we look after the administration. You will have access to our specialist expertise and research-based advice, but you are in complete control.
IAS also gives you direct access to Australasian and global markets while holding your portfolio in one account. If you have any questions about trades and holdings, chat to one of our advisers for their perspective on markets and individual securities, and access the client portal for regular reports on your investments.
Who uses this service?
This level of support is perfect for those with a keen understanding of investments but want an experienced pair of hands to cover the time-intensive details. You’ll likely be someone who:
- Wants to make informed decisions backed by an expert opinion and quality research.
- Wants to invest in shares or fixed-interest securities.
- Is eager to make the investment process simple by taking more of a ‘managerial’ vs ‘hands on’ role.
- Is looking for a simple way to hold cash and hold the proceeds from market transactions.
- Appreciates access to up-to-date financial news with the Craigs Client Portal.
“We were handling our investments ourselves, but we felt we were missing out. With Craigs we have an Adviser to call, and it is really straightforward. Transactions are efficient and book work is in order, traceable and is well recorded. ”
The key benefits of IAS
You’ll have the support of an expert Investment Adviser. Tap into their extensive knowledge, award-winning research, and market insights while instructing them to make transactions on your behalf.
Cash management account
You’ll always be able to access your on-call funds. On-call accounts may pay interest and offer tiered interest rates. At Craigs, you’ll always have complete control of your money.
Our industry-recognised team provides thorough information about key events, market movements, and investment strategies. These insights are right at your fingertips via daily and weekly market summaries.
Web, Client Portal, and app access
You’ll have access to the Craigs Client Portal, accessed via our website and the Craigs app. This puts control in your hands, helping you keep track of investments and stay in tune with market movements.
Craigs Investment Partners offers security for your investments with a custodial service. It ensures your money is held on your behalf in safe hands.
Our Broking service is ideal for those clients who prefer a more hands-on approach. You will be able to manage your own portfolio, choose your investment securities, and ask your adviser to execute your transactions. Through your adviser you will have access to our specialist expertise and objective, research-based advice on the securities you are considering so you can assess how well they fit into your portfolio strategy.
Unlike other personal investment plans and ‘funds’, with mySTART® you can select from over 240 investment options, starting your investment journey your way. You might have an eye on university education, purchasing property, or that once-in-a-lifetime holiday. We’ll give you the flexibility you need, starting with as little as $100 per month.
IAS FAQs & Documents
- Consolidate your portfolio. You can access global markets and hold your entire global portfolio in one account.
- Access to a financial adviser. You can discuss your trades and holdings with a financial adviser to get their perspective on markets and other investments.
- Access to research and resources. You will have access to our extensive range of research, strategy reports and our News & Views publication via our client portal and mobile app.
- Limited paperwork for you. We look after the paperwork, so you do minimal administration. We will take care of dividends and the administration of corporate actions.
- A custodian will hold your investments. Your assets and investments are registered in the name of Custodial Services Limited (CSL) but held by CSL on your behalf in a bare trustee capacity. Although CSL assumes legal title of your securities, you retain beneficial ownership of your securities at all times. CSL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Craigs Investment Partners Limited.
- Reports on how your portfolio is performing. You will be sent regular reports to keep you informed about your investments.
- Annual tax reporting. At the end of your nominated tax year, we will send you a consolidated tax statement to help you manage your tax obligations. We can also send this to your accountant at your request.
- 24-hour access. You can check your investment portfolio anywhere, at any time via our client portal and mobile app.
- Active control and management of your own investments, where you make all decisions but leave the administration to us.
- Control of your investment decisions, by having the ability to choose individual securities that make up your portfolio.
- An expert to deal with the administration associated with your investments.
A custodian will hold your investments. Your assets and investments are registered in the name of Custodial Services Limited (CSL) but held by CSL on your behalf in a bare trustee capacity. Although CSL assumes legal title of your securities, you retain beneficial ownership of your securities at all times. CSL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Craigs Investment Partners Limited.
As well as sending you reports on how your portfolio is performing, we will also send you an annual tax report at the end of your nominated tax year. We send you a consolidated tax statement to help you manage your tax obligations, and we can also send this to your accountant at your request.
Expert advice in your region
Our locally-based expert advisers are here to provide comprehensive investment advice and we’ll support your financial aspirations with detailed, research-based insights. With a network of 19 locations nationwide, our expertise is never far away to help you achieve your investment goals.
Global and domestic research at your fingertips
Our research team is one of the largest in New Zealand. They deliver the very latest in local and global market insights. This includes detailed information and expertise on sustainable investing to support more considered investment choices.
Supporting Kiwi investing
We’ve been a proud kiwi business since we first opened our doors in 1984 and we’re 100% owned by current and former Craigs’ staff and directors. Today we are one of New Zealand’s leading investment advisory firms. During that time, we’ve assisted over 65,000 kiwis on their investment journey.