Our Key Objectives
Sustainability is a constant journey but one we’re committed to. Together with thinkstep-anz, we’ve identified what matters most to our clients, employees, community partners, industry bodies, and suppliers. These key areas inform our business strategy and decision making.
- Reputation and integrity.
- Good governance (of Craigs).
- Client engagement and relationships.
- Health, safety, and wellbeing of our people.
- Authentic and transparent communication.
- State-of-the-art IT systems.
- Managing Craigs’ environmental footprint.
- Employer of choice.
- High quality investment research.
- Product development and innovation.
- Supporting our local communities.
- Employee diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Developing future financial services professionals.
- Improving financial literacy throughout NZ.
We’re proud of being locally grown and owned. Today, Craigs is 100% owned by current and former Craigs staff and directors. Our employees are given the opportunity to purchase shares in our parent company, CIP Holdings Limited and this commitment to being local has enabled over 300 team members to have a say in how we operate in the communities that we serve and have equity in the company
Governance and controls
We operate in a specialised and highly-regulated market where trust, ethics, and good conduct are essential. We have strength in our governance framework, with all decisions overseen by an experienced board of directors. Our robust governance structure includes Audit and Risk and Executive Committees, with dedicated support teams and a yearly audit of our systems by an external party. All our employees also undergo regular training, supported by comprehensive compliance monitoring and a firm whistleblowing policy.
We have robust and stringent cyber security measures in place to safeguard client data. These measures include:
- Annual cyber security audits which are completed by an independent cyber security company including comprehensive testing to check that our security mechanisms are effective.
- Annual internal controls audits across key Craigs systems and platforms undertaken by KPMG.
- Working with an independent specialist cyber security partner ensuring our policies, procedures, prevention and detection mechanisms are best practice and effective. These mechanisms include enterprise grade Firewalls and Intrusion detection appliances.
Belonging – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Craigs
We believe our company should reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. A broad spectrum of values and beliefs creates a stronger team culture and diversity of thought, while also driving profitability and preparing us for changes in circumstance.
We actively engage with local communities by supporting initiatives, events, and organisations that enhance financial literacy and empower individuals to make informed decisions. Our commitment lies in fostering strong relationships and making a positive impact within the diverse fabric of New Zealand. Some specific programmes are:
- Partnership with Global Women
- Women in Business scholarship through Waikato University
- Diversity Works
- Women’s Wealth programme
Click here to find out more about what we do in the communities we serve and organisations we support.
At Craigs, we have a strict code of conduct for all critical suppliers. It sets firm standards for employment conditions, health and safety, environmental practices, and anti-modern slavery labour rights. It ensures we operate sustainably for our people and the planet at every step of our value chain.