What makes the Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme different is that you have the ability to create your own investment portfolio.
We have short-listed over 240 Australasian and international shares, funds and other securities so you can work with your Craigs investment adviser to build your own investment portfolio that suits your investment timeframe, goals, needs and appetite for risk.
Why Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme?
Our Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme gives you the freedom to select specific investments to grow your retirement fund, and we’re more than happy to guide your journey.
Flexibility to create your own portfolio
The Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme gives you the flexibility to create a tailored portfolio, specific to your goals, timeframe, and appetite for risk. The good news is we’ve already done the hard work by shortlisting over 240 Australasian and international shares, funds, and other securities available to be chosen by you.
Expert advice to guide the way
Investing can seem a little daunting at first. Fortunately, you’ll be assisted with expert advice to develop an investment portfolio with an adviser on hand to answer any questions you might have along the way.
The support of market-leading research
Thorough research is the cornerstone of everything we do. At Craigs, we have one of New Zealand’s largest and most highly-regarded private wealth research teams, providing in-depth analysis and tailored, timely recommendations. As a Craigs client, you can stay informed through our fortnightly and monthly research reports, publications, and email updates.
Monitor your progress online
You’ll be able to keep track of your Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme account on any device, anywhere, at any time. The value of your investment portfolio is updated daily, so you’ll have access to up-to-date information and reporting via the Craigs online portal or mobile app.
“My KiwiSaver portfolio lets me invest in companies that I want to support. For me the ethical aspect is really important. I decide what to invest in but my adviser gives me recommendations along the way and answers any questions I might have.”
Craigs KiwiSaver Scheme FAQs & Documents
KiwiSaver is a Government initiative that provides incentives for eligible New Zealanders, including Government contributions (previously called Member Tax Credits) and employer contributions, aimed at helping you save for retirement.
You can join a KiwiSaver scheme if you are:
- a New Zealand citizen, or entitled to live in New Zealand indefinitely, and
- living or normally living in New Zealand (with some exceptions)
Click here to go to the Craigs Kiwisaver Scheme online application.
To be eligible to join the Scheme you must be:
- Transferring from an existing KiwiSaver scheme; or
- A non-KiwiSaver investor who is:
- a New Zealand citizen or entitled to permanent residence in New Zealand; and
- living in, or normally living in, New Zealand (subject to certain exceptions for state services workers).
There is no Crown guarantee in respect of any KiwiSaver scheme or investment product of a KiwiSaver scheme.
The nature of a KiwiSaver scheme means your savings are locked in until you are eligible for NZ Superannuation (currently 65).
However, you may be eligible to withdraw some or all of your KiwiSaver savings early in any of the following circumstances:
- you are buying your first home or have previously owned a home before and have qualified as a ‘previous homeowner’ through Kainga Ora
- you move overseas permanently to a country other than Australia
- you suffer from an injury, illness or disability that results in you being totally and permanently unable to engage in work for which you are suited by reason of experience, education or training (or a combination of these things); or that poses a serious and imminent risk of death
- you suffer significant financial hardship
- you have a life-shortening congenital condition that is expected to reduce your life expectancy below 65
- you are ordered to by the Court, for example under the Property (Relationships) Act
- you have to make higher student loan repayments or have a New Zealand tax liability as a result of transferring money from a foreign superannuation scheme
- you can withdraw any transferred Australian superannuation funds if you have reached 60, are retired and do not intend to work again
- you die; your funds will form part of your estate
Each of these circumstances has rules around when a withdrawal can be made and how much you are able to withdraw.
How can we help?
If you’d like the help of an expert adviser to develop a tailored investment strategy specific to your financial goals. We have a range of services and solutions that can be personalised to you and your family. Simply share your vision and we’ll map out the steps to get you there.
Craigs Women's Wealth
For over 15 years, our Craigs Women’s Wealth programme has empowered women to begin investing. By improving financial confidence and knowledge, we’re proudly helping create better outcomes for women, their families, and the wider community.
Everyone’s approach to wealth is truly personal, so our approach to growing it for you is as unique as you are. We focus on your beliefs, values and ambitions, making our private wealth solutions tailored for you.
You may be thinking about retirement, or perhaps you’re already there. We’ll work with you to manage and protect your wealth so you can head towards the lifestyle you want and deserve.
Expert advice in your region
Our locally-based expert advisers are here to provide comprehensive investment advice and we’ll support your financial aspirations with detailed, research-based insights. With a network of 19 locations nationwide, our expertise is never far away to help you achieve your investment goals.
Global and domestic research at your fingertips
Our research team is one of the largest in New Zealand. They deliver the very latest in local and global market insights. This includes detailed information and expertise on sustainable investing to support more considered investment choices.
Supporting Kiwi investing
We’ve been a proud kiwi business since we first opened our doors in 1984 and we’re 100% owned by current and former Craigs’ staff and directors. Today we are one of New Zealand’s leading investment advisory firms. During that time, we’ve assisted over 65,000 kiwis on their individual investment journey.