Guidance Note for Manual Identity Verification
We are required to verify the identity and address of our clients, any person authorised to act on behalf of our clients and any Beneficial Owner of our clients, and to verify this information using relevant identification documents.
All identity documents must be certified by either a Justice of the Peace, a Lawyer, a Notary Public, a New Zealand Chartered Accountant, a New Zealand Police Constable or a Member of Parliament.
Certified documents must include the full name, occupation and an original signature of the certifier and the date of certification. Certification must have been carried out in the three months preceding presentation of the certified documents. The certifier must sight the original documents and make a statement that the documents provided are a true copy and represent the identity of the named individual.
Alternatively documents can be verified by your Craigs Investment Partners Adviser.
Please ensure the following wording is used for identity document certification:
“I certify this to be a true copy of the original document which I have sighted, and where it is an identity document, represents the identity of the named individual in the document.”
Proof of residential address
A certified copy of ONE of the following issued within the last three months that includes your name and address:
- Utilities bill
- Rates bill
- Bank account statement
- A statement issued to you by a government agency in the last 12 months immediately preceding the date of the application e.g. Inland Revenue.
Proof of identity
A certified copy of ONE of the following:
- New Zealand or overseas Passport containing your name, date of birth, photograph and signature
- New Zealand Firearms Licence - Firearms Licence: If you provide us with a certified copy of a Firearms Licence, please also provide a certified copy of a NZ Driver Licence or card issued by a registered bank showing your name and signature in order for us to verify your signature on your Client Agreement.
- A national identity card issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations containing your name, date of birth, photograph and signature.
(A New Zealand Driver Licence and a second document from the list below)
A certified copy of:
- New Zealand Driver Licence
AND a certified copy of ONE of the following:
- New Zealand full Birth Certificate
- Certificate of New Zealand or overseas Citizenship
- A credit card, debit card or eftpos card issued by a New Zealand registered bank that contains your name and signature
- A bank statement issued by a New Zealand registered bank in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of the application
- A statement issued to you by a government agency in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of the application e.g. Inland Revenue
- SuperGold card